Thursday 10 October 2013

Badlands

So, I'm going to do the roadtrip all backwards because I can't find the photos from the first two days. They weren't very exciting anyway - we slept outside of Chicago, bought cheese in Wisconsin, and camped in southern Minnesota where it was very pretty but kiiiiinda buggy, and then drove through South Dakota. I had insisted we stop at the Badlands because why not? When are you ever going to be in South Dakota again?


The Badlands were amazing. I really have no words - - it is like walking on the moon? We arrived in the evening, when it was HOT, and camped, and got up very early so that we could go hiking at 7:30, when it was gorgeous out, but HOT, and hiked until 10:30 when it was VERY HOT and I was finally like, "heeeelllp! I'm meeeellltting" in my very best wicked witch of the west voice and so we spent the rest of the day driving around to see the rest of the park. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Cool photos; especially the "striped" one with the pickup. -Mom

    ReplyDelete